Saturday, July 12, 2008

Morning Rush


I have been grumpy all week.

These early mornings and too late nights are catching up with me. I have gotten up at 4:45 every day this week and I am not getting to bed early enough. Even getting up early I am still rushed to get my workout done, get home, get myself and kids ready, and get out the door on time. I can't even tell you how many days Casey went to day camp with just a finger combing and a ponytail.

Yesterday was the worst day so far. I had a 35 minute run and a 2500 yard swim. I was moving in slow motion. For the run I only got in 3.55 miles and the swim took 54:32. I got home to find Ronnie getting in the shower and the kids still asleep. It was a mad rush to get out the door so that the kids didn't miss the bus for the field trip. I end up fussing at the kids to hurry and we all end up grouchy.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I can see it now...after Nov, the kids will have t-shirts that say, "My mom did an Ironman & all I got was this stinking t-shirt and a finger comb." ha!

Hang in there...Nov will be here before you know it.

MNFirefly said...

Hang in there, Michele.

kmholt7 said...

I understand about the morning rush. There's not a morning that I'm not complaining that "Mom's going to be late....again!" I get tired of hearing me say it.

Jill Ann said...

Maybe it's something in the TN air. I have been a complete witch all week too. Friday was the WORST. Here's to hoping the weather blows our crud out this weekend!

PS Are you still planning post Staggerwing get together?

ncrunner12 said...

Just came accross your blog, can't wait to read more. Good luck with all your training!

TJ said...

It gets better. Hang in there.

Steve Stenzel said...

Hey, a decent finger-combing is all I ever do!

Good luck getting out of the funk!!!

;)