Thursday, July 31, 2008

Swapping not Skipping

The kids start school tomorrow. Hard to believe summer is over. Due to the kids going to school and me having to work, I would not have had time to get in the required 2200 yard swim and 2:20 bike. So I did them today and am saving today's 2800 yard swim for tomorrow.
I did the swim this morning before Ronnie left for work. Then I did the bike inside on the trainer at about 1:00 this afternoon. The plan called for hills so I did the Pedaling Strength DVD. It has been a while since I did that kind of trainer time and it took a lot of will power to keep going. How easy it is to just quit, don't have to keep going just to get home. But I did it and ended up with 35.5 miles of mostly big gear turning. I was sweating buckets.
On the hamster front...even an old grouch like Ronnie could not be mad once he saw how happy his daughter was. Helped that Dexter is cute too. He is a very sweet little guy and hasn't bitten any of us yet despite being man handled. He had spent most of the day sleeping and I am just waiting on the sound of his little wheel spinning to start.

4 comments:

jen said...

The hamster is adorable! And look how happy your girl is.

Sorry I haven't commented latey but I've been reading and you are kicking ass as usual. Keep up the great work!

MNFirefly said...

Nice job, Michele!

Laurie said...

Hey Michele! I can't BELIEVE you are going to do the IronMan. Well...no...I can believe it. I am so impressed with you guys making it happen. It's just so far fetched for me at this point it's a bit mind boggling. I saw Holly at a party Sat. night and she told me you and Lana were going to do it this year so I had to get caught up on your blogs to see how it was going. It sounds like you are kicking ass as usual!

Darrell said...

Swapping is perfectly acceptable.

I remember well the sound of hamster wheels in the middle of the night from when I was a kid. And just why is it that they run all night and sleep all day. Maybe they are on to something.