Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Almost There

This morning I set my alarm for 5:00. When it went off, I got up, looked out the window and decided it was still way too dark to ride. I reset my clock for 5:10. When it went off that time, I hit snooze. Finally, I got up. I did a flat loop, 16.58 miles in 1 hour. Not very impressive, but I felt good the whole ride, maybe a little tired.
Gulf Coast is just over a week away. Am I ready? I can’t say that I FEEL ready. I don’t feel any more fit then at this point last year. Any pointers from people who have done this race or gone the distance else where?

7 comments:

MNFirefly said...

You still did it. Great job!

Trisaratops said...

You ARE ready. It sounds like taper is messing with your head a bit? At least it always does with mine!

Anyway, best advice I can give is to make sure you DRINK enough on the bike. For my first half, I had NO CLUE how much to drink and had maybe a bottle and a half...and it was 82 and sunny. Let's just say the run was a nice death march. :) Everything you do on the bike sets you up for the run, so hydrate hydrate hydrate.

Best of luck! You will do awesome.

Kate said...

I'm sure you're ready- your training has been great. I can't believe it's come about so soon! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You've trained hard. I'm sure you will do GREAT! Don't you just love taper madness?

teacherwoman said...

I am sure you are sooo ready!

TriSonq said...

Sounds like the taper is messing with you too.

I woke up at 1am with thoughts of sugar plums…umm, no…thoughts of doubt running in my head.

Finally went back to sleep around 4. Oy!

Rae said...

You are going to do GREAT!!!!!