Friday, May 25, 2007

Floundering

The alarm went off just before 6:00 this morning. I had no one waiting on me and I had thoughts of sleeping in instead. I finally managed to drag my lazy butt out of bed and go run. I did the same ole 6 mile loop in 56:29, 9:24 pace.

I am in the same rut I hit after Memphis. Here I am without a training plan, nothing telling me what to do each day. So I swim a mile, I bike 20, or I run 6. I need a plan!!! I love structure. It is time to decide what is next. I have several sprint distance tri’s and an Olympic distance planned, but what is the next big race? I keep ruling out Atomic Man then reconsidering it. Also, I really want to try for a 4 hour marathon again, but where/when?

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I need structure myself, but it does not hurt to have FUN as well.

Anonymous said...

How about Huntsville? I'm thinking of going back after Chicago. I could use a running partner.

Laurie said...

You sound like me with the braggin'. That's so funny! It was worth the trip..right?

Joe said...

I find that not having a plan can sometimes be liberating...for a little while.

Hehe, your dirty little secret is funny. Did you say "In your face!"?

teacherwoman said...

I think that is one thing that most of us runners/triathletes/swimmers have in common. We really "need" to have a schedule to follow... it's part of our personality!