Friday, May 18, 2007

I am a Snail

This morning took some extra effort to get to the pool. I didn’t sleep well last night because of my cough. When the alarm went off at 5:30, I got out of bed. While brushing my teeth, I had to fight with myself to keep from getting back into bed. My husband’s alarm would start going off at 6:00 (he is a snooze hitter) so it wasn’t like I was going to get a lot more sleep.
I finally convinced myself to go swim. I did 1500 yards in 32 minutes. I am getting slower every time. Hope I find some speed in the next two weeks. The swim is the only thing I might have a chance of improving from last year at the Mach Tenn.
Good luck to Lana!!! She is doing her first tri of the season in Memphis, my old stomping grounds, this weekend. Have Fun girl!!!

2 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes! Glad to see you at the pool this morning...I was kinda surprised that I had made it there myself!

Anonymous said...

Snail? If you are a snail then I must be a three toe sloth. It takes me about 6:30 to cover 200m! i guess it is a mater of perspective.