Monday, May 28, 2007

Cheerleader


This morning I took on a different role. I rode to the GJCC tri with Lana and her son. He was a volunteer and I was a cheerleader. I had 5 friends racing, 4 doing their first ever tri. I wanted to be there to cheer them on.

David, me, Lana, and Laurie

As we pulled in the parking lot I spotted David and his wife. We chatted for a second but had to hurry to check Lana’s son in for his shift. We found out that he was going to be working at the finish line handing out water bottles.

Then we found TriSonq doing body marking. I introduced him to Lana and he marked her.

I was walking back to the car when I found Don and Amy and then Laurie.

Amy, me, Lana, TriSonq, and Laurie
Lana started way before the others so it was a challenge for me. I got to see everyone but Laurie go into the pool. I ran down to transition as Amy came out of the water. I saw Don, Amy, David and Laurie all head out on the bike and Lana come in. Then I ran back and forth between the bike finish and the run finish waiting on everyone. I saw Lana come in for a strong finish (I will let her tell her results). Don had an awesome bike and caught me by surprise when he came in. More running back and forth. When Amy came in, I waited for her at the run out and ran beside her. She was doing great and feeling fine. I ran with her until she told me to go away. I ran back to where Lana was cheering and cheered with her until everyone we knew came in.

We stayed for the awards then headed home.

I had a great time and got lots of pics that you can see here. Sorry they are all taken sideways.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Awesome picture, Michele!

Rae said...

Sounds like fun!! Sometimes it's just as fun to watch!

Dubs said...

Sounds like you got a workout in too!