Sunday, May 20, 2007

Still in Recovery

It has been a beautiful weekend here.
Yesterday, I went for my first post race run. I did 6 slow miles. My quads really started to burn at the end. Total time 57:52, 9:38 pace.
Today, I rode. My legs are still tired and I felt it the entire ride. 20.76 miles in 1:12:52.
I was planning on getting back to speed work Monday’s but I think it is going to have to wait a week. My legs still need some recovery time.

Congrats to Lana!!!! She rocked in Memphis. Hopefully she will get a race report up soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's taking it easy? Relax and give your body and chance to recoup. But you know I'd be doing the same if was me. (grin)

MNFirefly said...

Great effort, Michele.

TJ said...

the recovery is the best part....don't hurry through it too fast :)

Joe said...

I've got the recovery blues too. Chin up!

Phil said...

9:38 is a great recovery pace so soon after your race. 2007 is going to be a great year for you.