Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sluggish

Thanks to everyone for all the reassurance. Taper time does have a way of messing with my head. Also, I will try to remember to drink while on the bike. I am BAD about that and have feared the “death march” anyway.

This morning, I got up at 5:00. It was barely sprinkling. I did my 40 minute run with strides. I don’t know if it was the humidity or just an off run but I felt very slow and just could not go faster. I ended up with 4.14 miles, 9:39 pace.

Two field trips in two days has left me wiped. Tomorrow is field day, but thankfully a rest day for me. Busy week!!!

Yesterday’s 1st grade field trip to the Discover Center and Chuck E. Cheese

Today’s 2nd grade field trip to Sam Davis Home

7 comments:

Joe said...

Enjoy the taper. You're body will free great pretty soon!

Joe said...

Er, your body will feel great pretty soon! Doh! I wish we could edit comments! LOL!

Rae said...

We lived in Smyrna for 8 yrs and never went to Sam Davis home!!! It looks like the field trips were fun!

Phil said...

I remember those "end of year" field trips.

Take it easy. Enjoy the slow days when you're feeling slugish. Running through these gives you the confidence you need to work your way through anything.

MNFirefly said...

Have fun!!

Dubs said...

Not sure how it is there, but the pollen is pretty heavy and quite a few of us in my group have been feeling wiped out. Could be what is going on there.

Just try to relax and enjoy your taper - you have trained well and are strong so don't let a sluggish day mess with your mind. :)

Unknown said...

Herding a bunch of kids around is gonna be tiring. More power to you. Here's to some more great tapering before your event.