Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bonnaroo Fun

Friday morning I got up early and ran my normal 6 mile route in 58:46, 9:48 pace. My average heart rate was 153.

The kids and I went to Wal-mart that afternoon and got to see all the people in town for Bonnaroo. Driving down the road we saw LOTS of people with tickets to sell. Then there was one guy holding a sign the said I Need Tickets. Bryce yells “Mom, turn around. Go tell that man that there is someone with tickets just up the road.”

Saturday I had already decided I was skipping the Moonpie but had every intention of getting on my bike. It never happened. I didn’t worry about it too much after I talked to Lana and we decided to meet this morning for a 10 mile run.

I got to the Rec Center at about 5:10. Lana was supposed to be there ready to run at 5:15. At 5:25 I sent her a text message to see if she was coming. I decided I would give her until 5:30 then I was just going to go do a short run.

At 5:30 my phone rang, she was on her way.

Once she got there we did a quick stretch and decided we would head out toward Bonnaroo.

It made for an interesting run. We were surprised that we were allowed to just run right up in there. We had one guy in a car yell at us “Hey a-hole, if you want to jog go home” but then we had another guy start running along with us. I wish I had taken my camera. It is quite a site.

We got to just over 4.5 miles when we made it to the other gate and decided to turn around for fear these people would stop us from getting back in without armbands. We ran back through the way we came. The turn around made us a mile short when we got to the Rec Center so we ended up having to run up and back down jail hill to get 10 miles. It took 1:35:55 for a 9:53 pace. My average heart rate was 152.

4 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

That's a good average heart rate for that run, Michele. I wish I had worn my HR monitor. Thanks again for waiting around on me...so sorry!

Unknown said...

Do I live in a cultural vacuum? What the heck is Bonnaroo?

Great workouts, Michele, as usual!

jen said...

That sounds interesting, I have quite a mental picture going here... I almost like NOT knowing what Bonnaroo is. :P

Great job on the long run, the shorter stuff, and the bike. Especially in that heat! you are awesome!

Rae said...

I've always wondered why some of them hold up the I Need Tickets signs myself.

I bet that was a strange sight!! I can't believe so many of them were up early!!!