Thursday, June 14, 2007

Some Begging and Training

Today I signed up for the HOW 100, a woman’s only cycling event to be held as a fundraiser for breast cancer research on September 8, 2007. I will be riding the 100 mile route. If you would like to sponsor me, you can go here or follow the link in my side bar.

Enough begging…on to my training.

This morning I had to drag myself to the pool. On the way, I talked to anyone who would speak to me. After I had prolonged the swim as long as I could, I took the plunge. I swam the slowest 1750 yards of my life. I am surprised that I didn’t sink straight to the bottom.

This afternoon, I rode 20.78 miles. It was 95 degrees and sunny. I was thankful I had the option/excuse to ride vs run in the heat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure was hot this afternoon... That is why I opted to XT and swim at lunch. Good luck at the Moon Pie!

Unknown said...

Good for you! And slow swimming is still swimming. You were just doing a Zone 2 swim!

TriSonq said...

Wow, it was HOT! We rode around Percy Warner Park. it's hilly, but shaded.

I'll see you in Bell Buckle this weekend! Yay!

Umm, did you hear I won't be doing the McMinn tri?

Brooke said...

Hey..congrats on the race. I will see about sponsoring you. Most definately.

Have a good one.