Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Too Much Beer, Too Little Sleep

Sunday was a post race rest day. It was also girls night out. We had two birthdays to celebrate and I did my part.

While out Lana and I made plans to do an 8-10 mile run Monday morning.

So at 4:15 I drug my hungover butt out of bed and drove over to Lana’s house. I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to run one mile much less 8-10. We did a loop through town. I did make Lana take a detour to the Rec Center to get a drink before I fell over dead. Then we went back to her house where her son was waiting to run with us. I threw in the towel and let them go on without me. I did 8.52 miles in 1:28:24, 10:23 pace. It wasn’t my best effort but given my state it is just amazing I even showed up.

My friend Angie came in town from Memphis Monday evening. Angie is my drinking buddy. After Sunday’s drunkfest, I wasn’t up to drinking but managed to get down two beers and stay up until midnight.

So 4:45 came REALLY early this morning. I thought really hard about sending Lana a text message that I wouldn’t be there. I finally decided to go ahead and rode the 5 miles to the Rec Center.

I met up with Lana, Holly and Don. We did a modified version of the Normandy loop. Don and Lana pushed me really hard, I need to ride with them everytime. I finished the loop with everyone then rode back home alone. I ended up with 26.23 miles in 1:41:42. It sure felt faster. I must have really slacked on the way to the Rec Center and home.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

VERY nice job, Michele. You did much better than me when I dealt with a hangover this weekend.

TriSonq said...

You go Party Girl!!

I can never, ever train with a hangover.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I still can't believe you made it to my house Monday morning, much less 8.5 miles. You know how well I handle a hangover! I'd have still been in bed yesterday!!

Janet Edwards said...

Wow, I commend you for making it! Sometimes when you work so hard working out all the time, I think we definitely deserve a little time to play hard with our favorite ole buddies!!!