Thursday, June 28, 2007

Detox

Tuesday was spent with Angie poolside drinking beer. Then I stayed up too late watching a movie. So when the alarm went of at 4:30 Wednesday morning, I turned it off and went right back to sleep. No 4 mile run, no toning class.

The good thing is I started my detox Wednesday. First Angie and I took all the kids to The Discovery Center in Murfreesboro. Then Angie headed back to Memphis and I took Bryce and Casey on a hunt for a new computer. It turned out to be an all day adventure. I did find a good cheap computer and got it set up last night. Training wise, nothing!

So when the alarm went off this morning, I KNEW I had to get up. I didn’t want to. I drug myself up and ran a very slow 6 miles in 1:02:34, 10:25 pace. My legs hurt the entire time and I just could not get them to turn over any faster. The good thing is I was totally in fat burning zone and I think I have finally sweated out all the beer I have drank this week.

Less then 3 weeks until vacation, time to take this diet SERIOUS!!!!

Pictures from McMinnville Tri:



1 comment:

streak said...

I love those "removing the beer" runs. I enjoy reading your blog and the great race reports.