Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Saving Up

At least that is what I hope I am doing.

Saturday’s race is a sprint distance with a 350 yard pool swim. So yesterday morning, I went to the pool to see how my 350 yard swim time is coming along. I did 3 x 350. I felt like I was really pushing myself. Results: 7:47, 7:50, and 7:57. Not so great considering last years swim time was 6:54. How am I going to get that minute back???

Last night was toning and yoga. I told Cindy not to hurt me since I have to race Saturday. I don’t think she was listening (or maybe she just didn’t care). We did tons of upper body again.

This morning, I met Lana and Briar for a run. Briar did NOT look happy to be there, but he did great. Lana and Briar did one two mile loop. The first hill kind of took away a little of Briar’s steam, so they walked a little but I could hear them on my heals the rest of the loop. I continued on for a second loop. 4 miles in 38:34, 9:38 pace. Not the tempo run I was planning.

After the run, I went to toning class for more pain. She got our legs good this morning. I have a feeling I will be cussing Cindy come Saturday morning!!!

3 comments:

TriShannon said...

Have a great race on Saturday!!

Rae said...

Have a great race!!!!

Lance Notstrong said...

You'll do great and don't worry about that minute. I'm convinced, you can either train for distance or speed, not both. And you just did a 1/2 ironman!!! You're going to be one of those people that I hear others talking about at triathlons as they walk by....."hey, you see that woman over there, she did a 1/2 IM"!!!