Monday, June 18, 2007

Some days you have, some days you don’t

Today was one of those don’t days.

I got up at 5:00 and took my time getting out the door. It was 5:30 before I started my ride. I rode the Matt’s Hollow loop and I was SLOW. 16.9 miles in 1:04:00. I don’t know if it was yesterday long run or what, but I just wasn’t feeling the love.

I got off my bike with the intentions of running three miles. After all I DO have a race this weekend. As I finished up the first mile, I HAD to make a pit stop. I ran the 0.1 miles home, straight to the potty. So that was it. A 1.10 mile run off that took 10:40.

I guess it was better then sleeping in and I came really close to doing just that.

I spent the entire afternoon painting my den. (I am counting it as cross training)

For those that asked (and those that didn’t but wondered), Bonnaroo is an outdoor music festival.

If you tried to sponsor me but didn’t find my name, it is now on the list. Thanks for any support (even if it is just cheering me along).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some days just getting out the door means you have met your goal!

Dances with Corgis said...

I hope you watched some good bad TV when you were recovering in the den (America's next top model marathon perhaps? that is my indulgence du jour for any laying around on the couch).

Good job on sticking with it even just for the short run!