Friday, June 29, 2007

Good Intentions

Last night I packed my backpack with my swim stuff and laid out running stuff.

When the alarm went off at 4:50 this morning, I hit snooze. I don’ know what is wrong with me lately. I am not a snooze kind of person. I set my alarm for the time I want to get up, no sooner. My husband, on the other hand, sets his alarm 30-45 minutes early and hits snooze so that he can “wake up slowly”. It drives me nuts.

Anyway, after hitting snooze, I did get up. I put on my running clothes and drove to the Rec Center. I ran the 2 mile loop backwards. This made me have to run up jail hill. I ran through town then hit the greenway. The second time up jail hill wasn’t pretty. It was more of a shuffle then a run. Back through town and the greenway.

I got to the Rec Center and my heart rate was high. My hamstrings were on fire. My stomach hurt. I was tired. I got in my car and drove home.

I really needed to swim today, even more then I needed to run. Now I don’t know when I will get a swim in. Slacker!!!!!!

The numbers:
4 miles in 40:47, 10:12 pace (speed work next week!!!)
splits 10:19, 9:57, 10:30,10:02 (notice mile 1 and 3 when I had to go up jail hill)
average heart rate 151 bpm
max heart rate 173 bpm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you had good intentions....that should count for something!

Unknown said...

The last thing I'd ever describe you as is a "slacker".

TJ said...

it's the evil heat and humidity that's robbing us of our mojo.