Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Thing You Should Never Tell the Instructor

Last night I went to toning class followed by yoga. The instructor is competing in a weight lifting competition this weekend so she can’t lift. Therefore, she used 2 pound weights during class and would “forget” that the rest of us had real weights. She did lots of upper body, even while doing legs we were still doing some sort of upper body weights too.
After class I told her that I am really unhappy with my thighs. Then during the conversation I also mentioned that I really like the butt exercise where we lay on our backs with our feet on a step.
Little did I know that this conversation would come back to haunt me.

This morning I met Lana at 4:45. We ran 4 miles in 35:37 (8:54 pace). My average heart rate was 159 and a max of 180.
After the run we went inside for toning class. Average heart rate during class 91, max 126.
We did tons of legs and butt and I got blamed for the entire class. I will never complain to the instructor about body parts or say I like any exercise ever again!!!!

4 comments:

Curro Ergo Sum said...

Good to finally be able to comment...

All right, I didn't day anything about this on my post today, but there was one area that did feel a little sore today-- my butt.

I think it was because I did 8 of 12 miles Sunday on long grass. I rarely get sore and I rarely run on long grass, so I'm guessing that grass-running works out the buns. Do you think there's any truth to that?

Dubs said...

haha!! I did that once with my boot camp class. I am really careful what I saw now - I had better be ready to take the beating if I speak up. haha! Great job on your workouts!

Unknown said...

I'm sure there were others there who wanted the same area worked. So no worries!

E-Speed said...

I'm the same way with yoga. I ask to do the stretches that hurt the most because I think they are most beneficial. But everyone groans anytime I request hip openers :)