Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Catching Up

Yesterday’s workout was so bad I couldn’t even blog about it until today. I had asked to be off this week so that the kids and I could enjoy the last few days of summer vacation together but we have a big job that needs to be submitted next week so my boss asked if I could just work Monday. Being the great (and broke) employee that I am, I agreed to come in. So the alarm went off at 5:00am so I could get my workout in before work. As I was changing the batteries in my Garmin one of the little metal tabs that the batteries push on broke off. Great, the thing isn’t even a year old and it bit the dust!!! I got my new watch and drove over to Westwood for some speed work. They had put the fence back up so I couldn’t get on the track. I thought maybe someone was trying to tell me to just go back to bed. Instead I drove over to the rec center and did my speed work on the indoor track. I did a half mile warm up in 4:44. Then I started my 800s. 3:53, 3:44, 3:45. As I started the 4th one my butt really started hurting so I slowed it down and just called it my cool down 4:33. Sad workout!!
When I got home I got on line and ordered a Garmin 305. Marathon training starts in less then 2 weeks, I have to have my Garmin!!!

This morning’s workout went much better. Alarm went off at 5:00 again and I got up and headed out on my bike. I rode 32.2 miles in 1:50:34. It was a great ride. And I did it all on my own. I am still planning on toning and yoga classes this evening too.

Big congratulations to Lana’s son, Briar. He did his second tri this past weekend and did great. I am still waiting on a full race report but I do know that some of the kids cut the run short so he didn’t place as high as he should have. He has another one this weekend and I know he will do great again. Good luck, Briar.


My son has been a pirate for 3 weeks. Ronnie took them to see Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man’s Chest and he has been Captain Jack Sparrow ever since.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey at least you get a new Forerunner out of the deal. I'm jealous.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice job on the ride this morning!! And also nice job breaking that old Garmin just in time to get a new one before Marathon training - LOL. I can't believe that Ronnie hasn't questioned the validity of that one yet!!!

That picture of Bryce is so cute!!

Brooke said...

A 305!!Awesome. Good thing you went to work like the dutiful employee that you are.

My daughter keeps asking for a pirate costume...I need to get busy making her one.

Rae said...

I got the 205 Garmin and I love it. It's a lot more accurate than my old 201, esp in treed areas or around big building.

I love the little pirate!!

:) said...

Man, my son is pirate-obsessed tight now too...

Great ride!