Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dogs!!!!

I didn’t think I was going to get my ride in today. Ronnie and his partner went from 3rd to last place in their flight yesterday to tied for first today. He called at 4:30 to say he was in a shoot out and didn’t know when he would be home. So I started looking for a babysitter. Finally I got in touch with the girl next door and she came over. Tracy and I rode 18.81 miles and got chased by every dog in the county. I have NEVER had this much trouble with dogs. It did give us a good sprint workout. :) Tracy also had her first tip (not dog related). We had to stop at a stop sign for a truck and she didn’t get her foot out of the cage in time. Over she went. She tore up her knee pretty good too.
I am meeting Lana for speed work in the morning, 3x1 mile with 1 minute rest. They kicked my butt last week and I have really considered just going on with week two but I KNOW I am not going to go to Memphis alone so might as well train for Vegas and if I don’t get to go, oh well.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Michele .. hope your friend heels quickly. I hate tipping over.

Good luck on your 3x1 mile intervals tomorrow. I still think you might consider a longer recovery jog between the intervals; however, I've never tried to run 1 mile intervals at speed with only a minute recovery.

Anonymous said...

Being chased by dogs brings back memorys of being a paperboy in the seventh grade...not pleasant! Good luck with the speed work.