Thursday, August 03, 2006

Garmin's First Run

Lana came over last night so that Briar could do a practice run of his Tri he is doing this weekend. We made plans to run a SHORT run this morning to test out my new Garmin. We decided to meet at the Rec Center at 5:20. I wasn’t nearly as excited this morning about the Garmin and if I hadn’t made plans to meet Lana I would have just slept in. We did a 2 mile loop of the greenway in 19:00. It was VERY humid! The Garmin worked great even with the trees along the greenway, never got a “weak signal” warning.
After the run we headed inside to swim. I swam 1750 yards in 36:13.
I think I will be taking tomorrow off, then doing my first ever duathlon on Saturday. It is a 4k, 30k, 4k.
I guess my decision has been made on which Olympic Distance to do. Ronnie has a Golf Tournament the weekend of Fall Creek Falls and got a partner yesterday so that one is out. I will be signing up for Music City today.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Enjoy your new Garmin! And good luck on your Tri!! I look forward to hearing more about your training!