Friday, August 25, 2006

Week 1 - Long Run Check!

I did it, my long run is in the books. I got up at 4:45 this morning, got dressed, ate half a Mo Jo Bar, and headed out the door. Since it was still dark, I did the first 4 miles looping around my neighborhood. I kept it nice and slow in hopes of not hitting the wall this week. (9:36, 10:00, 9:38 and 9:36) The Plan called for planned marathon pace + 20 seconds, doesn’t say much for my planned marathon pace. Once it started getting lighter I headed out across the highway, one of the moms at school told me they are putting in a new neighborhood and they have graded for the roads. It was packed dirt and was a nice change. The only bad part was that it was only about ¾ of a mile so I did a loop of another subdivision to finish out mile 6 and tried to decide where to go next. (mile 5 9:53 and mile 6 9:24). I decided that the Pomroy route would be just about the right mileage to get me home without going over so I headed in that direction. The 3 dogs that always chase me on my bike were out and one started barking and heading in my direction. He looked at his pals for back up but they kept right on eating. I guess he figured if he chased me he would miss out on breakfast and that was more important. Next time I ride that route I am taking a scoop of dog food!
The rest of the miles passed on eventful. (9:22, 9:39, 9:31, 9:36, 9:34, 9:26, and 9:30) My average pace comes to 9:36, total time 2:04:43, average heart rate 164 and max heart rate 179.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job getting in the long run!

Brooke said...

I am so scared of dogs when I run. Must be something about 3 dogs together because that's how many are in the scary yard I always run past.

Rae said...

Great job!! You guys need a dog dazer!