Thursday, August 10, 2006

Slow, Slow, Slow

This morning I met Tracy at the Rec Center and we did the Normandy loop. She is doing great. It won’t be long and she will be kicking my butt on the bike just like Lana does now. Why oh why can I not get better at this cycling thing??? We rode 19.92 miles in 1:19:14. After the ride Tracy went inside to run and I went inside to swim. I never could get my stroke feeling right and the entire swim was a struggle. It took me 38.56 to swim 1750 yards.
After my swim I went to Wal-mart. When I got home and got everything put away, I changed into my “I am alone in my own yard” swimsuit and hit the backyard. I no sooner got settled into my chair and the wind picked up and it started thundering. I went back inside and folded laundry. A little while later, I noticed that the sun was back out so I went back to my chair. Once again it started to thunder so I went back in. When it was time to get the kids from school, it looked like the rain might hold off so I walked to the school. When I got there Casey started crying and said her tummy hurt. I had to carry her all the way home. Her tummy is fine now and it still hasn’t rained!

6 comments:

E-Speed said...

if you figure out how to get faster on the bike you will let me know right? ;)

Sorry the day hasn't been cooperating for your relaxation in the sun time!

Brooke said...

I have an "I am alone in my own yard" bathing suit too, only the neighbor always spies, so I guess I'm not all that alone...

Anonymous said...

I just hate it when the weather doesn't cooperate with my plans %lt;grin>

Phil said...

Michele .. stupid question, but do you have your seat height set right? It could be that you have it set too low and aren't able to apply as much power as possible on the down strock, nor pull comfortably with the trailing foot.

I haven't a clue of course. Hope the weather clears up soon.

Dubs said...

Funny story! That happened to me yesterday with golf.. we kept getting lightening... I'm not swinging a metal club in the air with lightening.

Joe said...

I don't think I have an “I am alone in my own yard” swimsuit but I was in my yard in just my underwear for about 30 seconds on Saturday night when I was taking out the garbage.