Friday, March 16, 2007

Don’t Count those Chickens before they Hatch

This morning was a 1000 yard time trial. I had to help out at the school this morning but made it to the pool at about 8:45. I did a 200 yard warm up. It felt good and my stroke count was about 18-19 per 25 yards. I rested a little then got started. I really felt great. I knew my time was going to be SO much better then last time. I touched the wall then stopped my watch. What?!?!?! 23 something, you have to be kidding me!!! Oh, wait that is total swim time. But my 1000 wasn’t much better. I only improved by a few seconds. I guess it is better then slowing down but I really felt like I was swimming faster.
When I got home, I changed and did 45 minutes of spinning on my trainer. I just watched television so it wasn’t a high effort.
Tomorrow is the Tom King Half Marathon. My training plan calls for a rest day tomorrow and a 10k with a negative split on Sunday. So my goal tomorrow is NOT a PR but a negative split. The course is flat and I would love to go for a PR but I am not race ready. I have not been doing any speed work. I have to stay focused on the big picture right now and that is Gulf Coast.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Good luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow. I hope it goes well for you!

MNFirefly said...

Good luck tommorow.

Phil said...

Best of luck in the Tom Thumb! Have a great race ... even if you don't PR

TriShannon said...

Hope the race went well.

I heary you on the TT. I have my 3rd one next Saturday. I'm just hoping for an improvment... even if only seconds.

Dubs said...

Good luck tomorrow! Go get that negative split!!