Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I Won!!!

I got this email today:

As we like to say, friends don't let friends wear shorts. So if you have some friends that are still a wee bit out of the TRIKS loop, send them our way. After all, we Skirt gals love to spread the word! We can't have shorts littering our roads and paths. It's just not right. So refer your friends to our website. If you refer the most skirts, we'll send you a free Tee of your choice. How cool is that? Easiest prize you'll ever win!
This month's winner is... Michele Emerson from Manchester, TN. She referred 14 people. WOW.


How about that? I won a cool tee that matches my skirts. I am going to be styling even better now.

training wise...I got up this morning at 4:40 and ran. My plan said to run the same route as yesterday only backwards. I made Tracy run it the hard way with me yesterday going UP jail hill so that I would have it a little easier today. But for some reason my pace was slower today, a LOT slower. I ended up with 3 miles in 30 minutes. I was way over dressed and got very hot, but no hotter then yesterday. After my pathetic run, I went inside for toning class. She asked everyone what body part they wanted to work and everyone said either abs or legs, so that is what we did. It was a tough class.

Tonight is swim class. My schedule calls for another recovery swim but I am sure that Coach Ashley will have something much more difficult planned.

11 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

I can't imagine doing a leg workout after a hard run!!!

Brooke said...

That's awesome that you won! Congrats.

Phil said...

Cool .. I still don't understand the skirts, but more power to you for starting a virtual skirt movement.

Great work out. I really admire your ability to go to a "toning" class after a full workout.

MNFirefly said...

That's SO cool. Congrads!!

Unknown said...

When your swim coach has you doing a much harder swim than your training plan describes, how do you go about it? Do you train the way your coach says, or kind of mix the two?

Joe said...

Congrats on the cool schwag.

> I got up this morning at 4:40 and ran

You are sick. You are absolutely ill. You need help! (I wish I could get up that early to run)

> I am sure that Coach Ashley will
> have something much more
> difficult planned.

Fear anyone named Coach Ashley! With a name like that you know they must eat lightning and crap thunder! Also, look out for anyone named Coach Chrissy -- she's certain to be a certifiable bad ass!

LOL! I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Dubs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dubs said...

Sweet! You are probably the best dressed runner in Tennesee! I still haven't tried one yet.

I'm with Phil & Lance - you did a leg & ab workout after that run? Kudos!

Rae said...

14 referrals!!! That is awesome!

TriShannon said...

Congrats! I've yet to try the skirt, but they look cute!

Janet Edwards said...

Very cool, perhaps I will have to finally look into this skirt thing!