Sunday, March 04, 2007

Feeling Better

Thanks for all the reassuring comments. I am feeling better today.

Yesterday I followed the plan and rested. Boy was I tired.

Today the plan looked like this:

So I headed out about 10:30. I ran the Pomroy route. It can’t be called “hilly” but it is not flat either.

I felt good the whole run. In the last 10 minutes I realized that I could get in almost 10 miles if I pushed it. So I picked up the pace a little. I ended up with 9.99 miles in the 90 minutes. Splits look like this:
9:14, 9:09, 9:08, 9:02, 9:09, 9:00, 8:53, 9:03, 8:59, and 8:29. Average heart rate 163 and max of 179.
My legs were very heavy at the end. I just kept reminding myself that it is a feeling I better get use to because I am sure they will feel like that then entire 13.1 miles in Panama City.

10 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Yay! Blogger let me in!

Great workout, Michele!! 9.99 miles is close enough for me! Who's counting another 52 feet???

Phil said...

Nice consistent 10 miler Michele. Much faster than anything I've done lately. You're in great shape.

TriShannon said...

Then the good days return and we forget all about those bad days. :)

Great run!!

Anonymous said...

With times like that, I'm the one who will have trouble keeping up at the Tom King.

Joe said...

Nice splits! Talk about consistency! You're like a metronome.

Triteacher said...

Way to get the job done today! When is your half? Mine is April 28th.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - you nailed the riddle! :)

MNFirefly said...

I am so glad that you feel better, Michele. Nice job!

TriSonq said...

Great run, Michelle.

Warmer weather is just around the corner. Woo hoo!

Janet Edwards said...

Great run Michele! Way to finish strong!

Rae said...

Great job!!!