Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Milestones

The milestones are my kids so I will get to them later. First my training…
In case you haven’t already seen on Lana’s blog, we switched things up and went to swim class last night, Monday, and did our T-30 time trial. Coach Ashley assigned us each a partner and then told the first group to get in the water and do a 400 warm up. I was sharing a lane with another girl and could not have been more perfectly matched. When we did our T-30 we were right together the whole time. She was just ahead of me for most of it but we both finished with 1650 yards. I was content until…my turn to count. The girl I got paired up with made it look so easy. If I had not had a watch in my hand, I would have never guessed she was swimming fast. She ended up with 2050 yards, the most in the class. I was glad I got to count for her; it was awesome to see someone swim like that. I only wish I knew what it is that she does right and I do so wrong.
Today, after dropping kids at school, I went to the pool for another 30 minute swim. This time I swam 1550 and really tried to glide. I still don’t have it but...
Then I met Tracy in the parking lot. We rode the Star Tri route. It is about 16 miles and took us just over an hour. We had to stop once because Tracy’s rear brake was rubbing. We even had a nice guy stop in his car to make sure we had everything we needed. The ride was a nice social ride and I enjoyed it. I managed to ride a lot of it aero again. Progress.
After the ride, I went to the school. Yes, I was nasty but I still had an afternoon run and I was just going to hot glue stuff on the wall. Two other moms were already there for another classroom and had a big head start on their garden. Thankfully they felt sorry for me and helped me out. So I got out of there at 1:30. I hurried home and got my Garmin and running shoes. I did my 30 minute run, 3.18 miles.

Ok, now for the milestones…
My son made principals honor roll, straight A’s, this 9 weeks. He has made regular honor roll the other two but this was the first straight A’s.
My daughter (she doesn’t get letter grades yet) lost her first tooth today. I was glad I was at school so she could give it to me before she lost it.

Well, it is almost time for the tooth fairy to make a visit, hope she has a dollar bill.

6 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Congrads on your son's grades. That's a HUGE accomplishment.

As for your daughter, I hope the tooth fairy leaves more than a $1.00 for her. :D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a red letter day for everyone! Enjoy the time because they grow up way to fast!

Kate said...

Nice work on the swim
Awesome work by your son too!

Unknown said...

Yippee for the milestones. Sometimes "regular life" seems to get stuck on the back burner when we're training, but it definitely sounds like you've got everything running smooth!

Joe said...

A dollar bill? Sheesh, I didn't get off that lucky. My son thinks the tooth fairy should bring fives.

Lance Notstrong said...

I'm always in "awe" when I come and read about your workouts Michele.