Thursday, March 15, 2007

Make Up Swim

Yesterday evening Lana and I made the drive up to Nashville for swim class. We were talking and missed the exit so had to go on down to the next exit and turn around. This cost us a few minutes so we were rushing into class. The lady at the front desk stops us and informs us “Swim class is cancelled.” Lana and I look at her like she is speaking French. Then Lana asks “Are you serious?” The lady says “Yes! There was an accident and the pool is closed for the evening”. Now Lana and I are pretty upset about this news. We drove an hour to get there. I have not missed one workout on my training plan until NOW and Lana missed her son’s baseball game. So we did some retail therapy. I got a great new swimsuit.

This morning, I had planned on sleeping in but I had a swim to make up. I got up at 5:30 and went to the pool. I had to wait for them to let me in again. Turns out LOTS of people were waiting. There ended up being 6 people at the pool and only 3 open lanes. I didn’t even know there were 6 people in Manchester that swam. I did 4 x 300 (300 easy, 300 kick, 300 easy, 300 pull). My stroke count was back up to 19-20 strokes per 25 yards. See what a missed practice does to me!
I rushed home and got the kids to school and myself to work. The kids got out of school 2 hours early for staff development. I had some stuff at work that had to be done today so I ended up having to pick my kids up from school and take them back to work with me for an hour. Boy is that fun. But I got the stuff done and boss is happy.
When we got home I got on my trainer and did the Spinervals No Slackers DVD. I think I slacked less this time but am still totally not keeping up.

Rae, they had the St. Pat’s race a week early because of Tom King. Last year we all missed the local 5k and did Tom King. This year it turns out the coaches’ clinic and the Miss Manchester Pageant cut down the 5k turn out.

2 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Retail therary...now that is something I can get behind!! Way to drag your butt our of bed the next day to make it up!!

Dubs said...

What a bummer that they closed the pool. Shopping is usually theraputic tho!

Great job making it up.

What is Tom King?