Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I Want my Hour Back!!!

I was ok Sunday morning with the time change. We skipped church so sleeping late really was not an issue. Ronnie golfed and got home at about 2:15. I headed out on my bike for my scheduled 2:30 hour ride at 2:30. I was so fearful of getting too far out that I ended up having to do 3 loops of my neighborhood at the end just to get in the time. The dogs were out in full force so I got plenty of “strides” in even though that was not on the schedule. That ride wrapped up my bike focused week. I am glad that is behind me and now I am in “recovery”.
After my ride I went to Wal-mart and at 7:00 I was really missing my hour. I still had kids to get feed, in the bath and to bed.
Monday was a swim. I got up at 5:30 and ended up waiting on the lifeguard to open the pool. Since it is recovery week it was short. 5 x 200 and 150 cool down. My 200’s didn’t go as well as I hoped but they were ok. By that afternoon I could hardly hold my eyes open. I got to bed at about 10:00.
I got to sleep until 6:00 this morning since I was working 8-11. I met my friend Tracy after work for a 30 minute bike/30 minute run. It was a beautiful day, about 82 degrees and sunny. We did an out and back down the highway then changed shoes and ran the greenway. We were supposed to do strides but I forgot to hit that button so we just ran. It was Tracy’s first outside run since the fall and she was feeling it. We ended up with just over 3 miles.
I am still trying to recover from my lost hour. I love daylight savings time and all the daylight in the afternoons but losing an hour right now is harder then ever.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on your swim.

Dubs said...

Good job getting out there anyway!

DST sucks -- Arizona is sooo smart, they don't observe it. Like it really helps with electricity use these days - the sunshine doesn't power my laptop. Wish they'd pick a time and not mess w/it. ;)

Joe said...

I know what you are saying about the time change. I'm still trying to adjust too. Afternoon naps help.