Sunday, August 17, 2008

11 Weeks to Go

Only 11 weeks????!!!! How am I going to get ready in just 11 weeks???
Vacation and my "summer birthday" have totally thrown my diet off plan. Eating junk and drinking WAY too much. I am getting back on track now.
Then to top it off, I didn't do a good job on following my training plan Saturday. How do I expect to be ready if I skip workouts? Especially swims.
At least Friday I did what I was suppose to. I got up at 3:30 Friday morning and ran in the dark. Plan called for 2 hours of "pretty running" . I kept my heart rate down and got in 12.68 miles in 2 hours.
Saturday the plan called for 140 minutes on the bike "anything goes just put in the time", 2500 yard swim, and stretching/core. I did the ride on the trainer while watching TV. Lots of bigger gear work with lower RPM. Ended up with 35.81 miles. I got a late start on the ride and didn't have time to do anything else before taking Casey to a birthday party and Bryce the movies. I thought about making up the swim and stretching today since it is a rest day, but next rest day isn't until Thursday Aug 28th. I am going to just enjoy my rest day today, spend time with the kids and get ready for what is on the plan this week.

No comments: