Tuesday, August 19, 2008

On Track

Yesterday morning it was cool out when I started my 30 minute run. I was still half asleep and stiff. I thought to myself "Oh boy, this is not a good way to start the week". I didn't feel like I was in any kind of rhythm, my form just felt off. It was my second run in my Omni 7's, I wondered if it could the shoes. I ran the greenway and town and ended up with 3.27 miles. Then I went inside to the pool. I wasn't feeling any better in the water. I finished the warm up and started my 100's. I started feeling better. Then I did my 16 x 25 and I hit every one of them at 24 seconds, fast for me. I was happy by the time I wrapped up my 2900 yards and left the pool.
I was off work today so waited until after dropping the kids off at school to start my workout. At 8:00 I went out on my bike. I did a basically flat route in big gears. I had to do two loops of my neighborhood at the end and even then was 30 seconds short of the hour but I rounded up and called it done. 18.22 miles. Then I changed shoes and grabbed my fuel belt with two 6 oz bottles of Nuun water. Plan called for 70 minutes of hills. I ran the rollers over to Cracker Barrel hill, up the hill, then turned around and headed home. I am glad I took the fuel belt. It was sunny and hot. I am not use to running in daylight. I had to loop my neighborhood again to get in the required time. 7.57 miles.
Diet is also back on track. I will get this vacation weight back off before the race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are back on track to me...How did you like the nuun water? I've never tried it.

Jill Ann said...

Oh...I have the Omni 7's also. Not to be negative...but I don't like them as much as the Omni 6's. I am noticing 100 miles in, the heels slip and they just feel TOO soft...can that be possible? I have considered scoping the world for all the size 8 Omni 6's...

Would love to hear your comments after 100 miles.