Monday, August 25, 2008

More Trainer Time

Today's workout was designed for the trainer, so that is where I did it. Plus I needed to get started at 4ish so that I could get it and the swim done before work.

I got up at 3:50. I had my Garmin all programed with the workout.

9 x 3 minutes starting in big ring and easiest gear and dropping a gear each interval.
in hardest gear 10 x (30 seconds grind, 30 seconds all out, 30 seconds grind, 30 seconds stand).
still in hardest gear 5 minutes grind.
9 x 1 minute working from hardest to easiest.

Time flew doing this workout. 18.25 miles in 61 minutes.
Then it was off to the pool. I was really stiff starting out but I felt ok. I did the required 3150 yards but didn't go as fast as I should have. I really didn't want to push it too hard.

I have plans to ride with Tracy and Eric tomorrow at 8 but it is raining right now and is suppose to continue all night and tomorrow. I just might be getting even more trainer time.

No comments: