Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Riding Inside but Running in the Rain

Well the weather man was right and it was still pouring this morning. So it was right back on the trainer. Without the structure of a planned workout, I didn't get the mileage I got yesterday. I watched a movie (and the rain) and put in the time. 24.5 miles in 1:40, but I looked like I had been riding in the rain by the time I finished.
It was still pouring when I got off my bike, but I threw on a hat and went out to run. I have never had a problem running in the rain it has always been starting in the rain. I think it was pure laziness this time, I didn't want to drive to the Rec Center. So I sucked it up and ran in the rain. It cooled me down. I finished my 30 minutes with 3.58 miles, a 8:32 pace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure did need the rain. Great pace after riding.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job getting your workout done.

Phil said...

Certainly a great pace wet or dry. Congrats.

Trisaratops said...

Nicely done!

I'm all about the trainer lately. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself come the cold stuff, but I just feel safer there in O'dark-thirty in the morning, ya know?

Eric said...

I love to ride and run in the rain :-)