Friday, August 22, 2008

Easy Spin and Racing Heart

Yesterday's easy spin must have done my body good.
I met Tracy at the Rec Center at noon when I got off work. It was a very social ride and I did the whole thing in my little chain ring per plan. I ended up with 22.5 miles in the hour and a half that I rode.
Then this morning I got up at 4:00 for a 50 minute run and 3600 yard swim. I felt great on the run. It just felt right again. I ended up with 5.87 miles, 8:32 pace. Wow, I need more easy spin days!! Funny thing is my heart rate average was 201 with a max of 240. Think something is wrong with my HRM??? I noticed this for the first time earlier this week while on a flat part of the greenway. I happened to check my heart rate and saw it was 238. I knew that wasn't right then forgot about it until today. Guess I need to try to figure out what is wrong with Garmin now.
After my run, I went inside to swim. I ended up getting to the pool at 5:20 and it was already open! I love when they open early when I have a long swim. This workout had lots of kick and took FOREVER, 1:27. So even though I didn't have to be at work until 9, I was still rushed getting the kids to school.
Tomorrow is a 100 mile ride. There is an organized ride in the boro but I have already claimed the next two Saturday mornings. So I am going to wait until Ronnie gets home from golf at about 12:30 then head out on my own century.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to change the battery in the heart rate monitor and see if that fixes the problem....good luck tomorrow on your century. It is going to be another hot and humid day.

Jill Ann said...

I second what David says. It is the hr monitor battery. When it starts getting really high or really low...the battery is about to die.

You can get one at Walgreens...they are pretty cheap. Just be careful not to lose the rubber ring when you're opening the little compartment. I did lose mine!!

TJ said...

Yep, I'll third what the first two said. Change the battery in your hrm strap.
Good luck on the 100 miler.