Thursday, August 28, 2008

Don't Do Anything New on Race Day

This is a rule that I am bad about following. I have raced with new shoes, new socks, new tights, and new shirts. I tried my aero bottle for the first time at a race. And I have eaten new foods on race day.
But for some reason riding my new wheels for the first time at a race has me all freaked out. I had planned to ride them this week but all three of my rides ended up inside on the trainer. So today I put them on my bike and me and Casey rode around the block. My computer didn't work. Oh yeah, the magnet. Lucky for me, I have a spare since I had to get a new computer a while back. I put the magnet on and took another spin around the block. I shifted gears all the way around and it appears all systems are go.
So Saturday at the race, I will be riding my new wheels. Hope this isn't the time the rule bites me in the butt.
For TJ:
And Phil, don't worry it is just a sprint. Only 14 miles on the bike.

6 comments:

Phil said...

Chances are that the new bike will run great ... I'd suggest that you use your old saddle, so you don't discover a new friction point 30 miles into the ride, but i'd trust the bike to roll and roll fast.

Good luck.

TJ said...

WHEELS!...NEW WHEELS!?!? Pictures!!!

Glad you got the kinks worked out before race day.

Eric said...

Famous last words...."how bad could it be for 14 miles"? :-)

IronTriTim said...

Good luck in your race, new socks worn for the first time is my worst race mistake, 13 miles later and very bloody feet I promised never to do that again!

TJ said...

Saaaweet!
I've been lusting...I mean...LOOKING at the 404s.

:) said...

OH SO SEXAY!!!