Wednesday, August 06, 2008

New Orleans????

Back in May when I did the half iron in GA, all the talk down there was about the new 70.3 in New Orleans this year. Got me thinking. April in New Orleans will surely be cooler then May in Florida or Georgia. April is a much easier month to get away during. Then I started seeing lots of bloggers talking about going. Then TriSaraTops hypnotized me.
So I got on line again to look it up.
Next price increase is Sept 1st. yikes!!! I am going to have to decide soon.

In the meantime, I have this little thing called ironman to worry about.
Today was suppose to be all about speed. 50 minutes of running with 10 minute warm up, 5x5 intervals with 1' rest, and 10' cool down. Didn't happen. I ended up just running and running slow. Sure Garmin beeped at me after the warm up to let me know to pick it up. But I just didn't have it in me. I rationalized it by saying that I had run fast on Saturday so it was an even swap. Does that work?? After my not so speedy run, I went inside for a time trial swim. The plan called it a "fitness assessment". I did the warm up first. Lana had pointed out to me the other day that I had something haywire going on with my kick. I really worked on form for the entire warm up and therefore was extra slow. I felt good during the 1000 yard TT, but ended up SLOWER then the last time. Am I less fit now???

Tomorrow is a rest/stretch only day and boy do I NEED it!!!

3 comments:

Benson said...

You're not less fit, just a little tired.
The day off is essential. enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that I could talk you into a spring marathon.

Trisaratops said...

YOU WILL GO TO NEW ORLEANS

YOU WILL GO TO NEW ORLEANS

;)

I'm going to keep on trying!!!!