Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stiff

My bike incident yesterday had left me very stiff today. My left arm and neck are very sore and it hurts to rise my arm above my head. Swimming tomorrow is going to be very interesting.
But can't let a stiff, sore arm slow me down. I have training to do. Today's plan was 1:15 bike followed by 50 minutes of running.
Last night at dinner when I was asking Ronnie his plans for today he said "You just rode 100 miles today , now you have to ride again tomorrow?" I told him "This is Ironman!!!"
I decided to sleep in and wait on Ronnie to get home. It rained off and on all morning. I hoped that the rain would stop for my ride/run. But it was raining pretty good when he walked in the door so I opted for the trainer. I watched a movie and just put in the time. My left hand hurt if I tried to sit up and my left elbow hurt to ride aero. I did what I could.
The rain stopped while I was riding, but it was still muggy for my run. I got in 5.57 miles at a 9:00 pace. I feel pretty good about that.
I am going to go lay on a heating pad now and see if that will help my stiff neck.

3 comments:

Holly Jane said...

I know all about that stiff/sore feeling. Hope you feel better soon and I still (3.5 weeks post-crash) am not able to put one of my elbows on the aero-pad. Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on your 100 mile ride! Awesome time!

TJ said...

Sorry about your spill. Hopefully the soreness will fade quickly.

Wes said...

Dee Dee told me you had had an accident. First, I was shocked that she read your blog. I have NO idea how she found it :-) Second, there must have been something in the water yesterday as there were just tons of accidents this weekend. *sigh*

That is a stellar 100 mile performance, and like myself, kudos to you for finishing out your ride in pain. If that's not good Ironman training, nothing is.

Just sayin ;-)