Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cold + Rain + Dark = Running Inside

Yesterday was a cross training day. I got up at 5:30 and went to the Rec Center for a swim. 1750 yards in 37:40. I have a lot of work to be done on my swimming after this marathon.
Then last night I went to Cindy’s toning class. She was a weight lifting competition this Friday so she could not lift. Therefore she just walked around yelling at us. It was a great class despite the fact she was trying to kill us. After toning I stayed for her flexibility class. I love this class and I really needed the stretch. I felt great when I was done.
When I left the Rec Center it was raining. I checked the forecast when I got home and it showed rain this morning. Yuck!! My plan called for 5 miles at MT. I haven’t run inside since Feb or March so I decided to suck it up and run the track at the Rec Center.
I got there right at 5 this morning and got started. I had calculated my target pace for a twelfth of a mile. I ran each of the 60 laps right around target and finished my 5 miles in 43:13, 8:38 pace.

5 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

1750 yards in the pool and you need to work on it? I haven't even seen 1000 yards yet!!!

Joe said...

Yikes! The track is only a twelve of a mile long? Didn't you get dizzy?

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the work-out. Rain does stink! :(

Marathon Maritza said...

Hi Michele!

Work has been incredibly busy (hence, no updates) but I'm still going...

Just wanted to drop by, say hello and say you are doing a great job!

Go go go! :)

Phil said...

60 laps at 8:28 ... you rock! How are your knees feeling? I'd get dizzy trying to do that run inside on a small track.

Great run. Your training is a lot tougher than anything I'd attempt.