Monday, November 27, 2006

The One That Started It All

While the kids were decorating the tree tonight, I got to look at each ornament as they hung it. My favorites are the one the kids made but I also love our “Santa Riding” collection. MANY years ago, I worked for an engineering firm that at the Christmas party had an ornament swap. That year we got Santa riding on a chicken. A tradition was born. Every year since then we have purchased Santa riding on some animal. What will Santa ride this year????>

7 comments:

SRR said...

So sweet! I can't wait to put my tree up this week! I love the holidays with children. Wait...I don't have any but I meant my school children! :-)

Phil said...

Great ornament Michele.

teacherwoman said...

Aaahhh...too fun! How I love traditions!

Kate said...

That's a cool tradition! I am having my first "own" Xmas tree this year, but it won't be particularly special.

Anonymous said...

As I recall, you stole that "chicken riding on Santa" and wouldn't let anyone touch it. I'm surpised you made it home with the ornament.

Marathon Maritza said...

Good luck this weekend, Michele! I will be thinking of you on Saturday morning!

And I have to say, as a chicken owner and lover, I appreciate the ornament. Can't wait to put my tree up too!

Sending you good vibes for warmer weather, too

jen said...

How cute!

I thought I'd have trouble getting excited for the holidays with the marathon coming up, but I'm not! I've been shopping and listening to Christmas music and all that. :) How about you?

Just to catch up, nice last run, nice last speed workout, and nice shopping!! Your pace is looking fantastic, I have no doubt you will hit your marathon goal easily!