Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Final Countdown

I am SO done with riding outside until spring/summer. I met Tracy at the Rec Center at noon yesterday. It was 65 degrees. It was cloudy and had rained a little. It really looked like a good day to ride. We were ok for the first 10 miles or so but when we turned onto Fredonia Road, the head wind was unbelievable. We ended up riding 20 miles and once again I couldn’t get off the bike fast enough!!
My trainer came today, now I just have to convince Ronnie that it should be my anniversary present. The good thing is that his new golf cart cover came today also and I know he won’t want to wait until Christmas for it. I am thinking anniversary presents for each of us!

This morning was my LAST run. The schedule called for 3 miles at planned marathon pace. I got up at 5:15 and was out the door at 5:30. It was 62 degrees and clear (lots of stars) when I started. I had a hard time getting in the groove this morning. I was either running way too fast or too slow. I ended up running the 3 miles in 26:27.

I had thought about getting up tomorrow before work to swim but I think that I need the sleep more. I will take the next two days as rest days. Then it is marathon time!!!! I am getting really excited. The weather forecast for Saturday has improved.

7 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Wow! It's going to be in the single digit tonight. I would LOVE it to be in the 60's. Wind or no wind.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your days off to rest... you have deserved it! Good luck on Saturday. I know you will do GREAT!

Trisaratops said...

Rest up! Excited for you! :)

Kate said...

Good luck for the race- looking forward to hearing all about it. Enjoy the rest days :-)

Lance Notstrong said...

Good luck Michele :-) And rest up!!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Goodluck! You're gonna do great!

Rae said...

GOOD LUCK! You are going to do GREAT! The weather just keeps getting better and better!!!