Friday, November 17, 2006

Only 2 Weeks To Go

Yesterday was my scheduled rest day. I did make one huge mistake. I wore 3” heals for cheerleading practice yesterday. Granted these are kindergarten and first graders that I am coaching so they aren’t really doing anything too fancy but my legs were sore after an hour of jumping around in those boots.

Today’s long run was 13 miles at planned marathon pace.
I got the kids to school and started my run at 8:00. We have had two days of steady rain but today the sun was back out. It was about 40 degrees, a little cool but at least it was sunny.
I felt great the entire run. I still have some crap in my chest and would cough it up every now and then. But otherwise a great run. Here are the splits:
9:03, 8:57, 9:00, 9:03, 9:03, 8:45, 8:43, 8:53, 8:58, 9:00, 8:53, 8:54, and 8:48
That’s 13 miles in 1:55:58, 8:55 pace!!!

Good luck to everyone running this weekend. I know TriSaraTops is going for a half marathon PR, E-Speed is tackling a 50 mile run, Rae and Brent are running a VERY hilly marathon, and …I know I am forgetting people. But good luck, I am looking forward to all the reports.

7 comments:

jen said...

NICE.

That has got to feel good. You are going to do so great in the marathon!!

Two weeks to go... can that be true? Eeek!

Oh and I love that you coach the little cheerleaders! How cute!

Phil said...

My first thought as I was reading this post was, "why is she wearing 3" heels to a kindergarten cheer leading practice?" ... but after I saw your splits, I've got to say that you must be on to something. That's the best MP long run you've done since I started reading your blog.

Excellent morning, you've got to be really psyched up. I think this is only a few minutes off your PR for a 1/2. That's very hard to do all by yourself. Congratulations.

Michele said...

Just for the record...I was wearing the heels because I went to practice right from work.

Lance Notstrong said...

I have a friend that stops wearing heels completely during heavy training.

MNFirefly said...

OWWWW! I can not even THINK about wearing heels for a LONG time especially with the bad ankle. It must be very exciting that you have TWO WEEKS to go!

Kate said...

Nice run! Glad you're feeling better. Thanks for all the tips on my blog!

Rae said...

Ha! I bet it's hilarious coaching cheerleading to the little ones!!

Thanks for the shout out! Goal for tomorrow is SURVIVAL!!