Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Hard Choice

Last night I was still coughing pretty bad and when I was getting out my running clothes my husband said, “You aren’t seriously going to run in the morning are you???
I had decided I would see how the night went. My coughing is always worse at night.
The forecast was for rain in the morning so I knew I would be running inside. Didn’t think running outside, sick, in the rain, at 5am was a good idea.
I coughed all night so when the alarm went off at 4:30 I just reset it for 6:00 and went back to sleep.
Turns out just getting ready for work exhausted me, so I don’t think my run would have gone well at all.
I guess I will just rest again today and tomorrow and do my 20 miler on Friday. I hate missing this many runs and the guilt is killing me.

9 comments:

LoneStarCrank said...

Sounds like your body is making the choice for you. Harboring guilt won't help get you out on the roads any healthier. Relax, let your body heal, and THEN go kick some arse! Your success will hinge on the big picture, not a few workouts.

Anonymous said...

Rest....it is the best thing you can do. You have enought base built up, you will be fine!

Rae said...

Hope you feel better soon! This stuff is a pain. The rest will really help you more than anything!!!

Lance Notstrong said...

Better to miss a few now than alot later.

Phil said...

No need for guilt. Rest up and get yourself healthy. You'll be fine.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Don't feel guilty...just rest up and get better. You'd only be beating yourself up to try and run right now.

Papa Louie said...

Most of your workout for the marathon is in the bank so there is no need to fret over missing a couple days. The 20 miler is what you don't want to miss. The 20 milers are the real confidence boosters. Hope you're feeling better.

Joe said...

Don't worry about it. Your body is in charge and it's telling you to take a break.

teacherwoman said...

I hope your feeling better! I know I am....Mucinex sounds gross but it works! It really does!