Thursday, July 06, 2006

10 Mile Struggle

It wasn’t pretty and it was a huge struggle, but I got my 10 mile run in this morning at 5:15. It was cloudy, windy, and felt like rain when I started but by the end of the run the sun was out (still windy) and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.
I ran very slow and even though I wasn’t haven’t any problems or pains I just could not get my legs moving any faster.
I am way behind on my training this week and really wonder if trying to do a triathlon Saturday is wise.

7 comments:

Joe said...

Listen to your gut. If in doubt, take this one off. There is always another Tri.

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

You are doing great getting these long runs in! I haven't run more than 6 since Bell Buckle...that's a shame.

Trisaratops said...

Way to get out there on a tough morning! 5:15 am is hard enough....good job on beating the elements! :)

Anonymous said...

Some days are like that... As far as doing another Tri this weekend, I agree with joe, listen to your what your body is telling you. I think to some extent that, by nature, runners are driven people. We set a goal and go after it. That is a good thing, most of the time. But sometime we don't listen to what our bodies are telling us and back off and know that by doing so, we will be better off in the long run (pun intended).

teacherwoman said...

Way to go on your ten miles! Keep it up...and be positive!

Neese said...

there will be those days where the struggle is strong, for sure, way to go on seeing it through to 10 miles!