Thursday, July 20, 2006

Brick

My husband is off work today and tomorrow. Last night we sat by the pool and drank 3 bottles of wine between us. So this morning when the alarm went off at 7:00 I did not want to get up. I hit snooze, which I NEVER do. While snoozing, I had a dream that one of my old bosses was walking through my kitchen. I said “Hey Blair, what in the world are you doing here?” He responded, “I just came by to tell you not to get up. You raced hard Sunday and should just sleep in this morning.” I have not talked to Blair since Thanksgiving and then it was just “Hi” when I saw him at the Turkey Trot. So why was he in my kitchen telling me to sleep? I got up after one more snooze anyway.
By 7:30 I was on my bike. I rode the Matt’s Hollow/Pomroy loops. It was already sunny and hot but I had a great ride. 20.54 miles in 1:13:19. Average speed 16.8.
I returned to my driveway and changed into my running shoes and discovered the battery in my Garmin was dead. I changed them out only to find the rechargeable were not charged either. So I had to find some regular AAA’s. Once Garmin was working and got a signal, I was off on my run. As I said, it was HOT!! I ran 3 miles in 26:00, 8:40 pace. How is it that I can run 3 miles at an 8:40 pace after riding 20 miles but I haven’t been able to just run 6 at the same pace???

5 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice workout!

MNFirefly said...

3 bottle of wine?! How big were the bottles? I would find it hard to wake up period - yet run after splitting that many. Wow! Awesome job running today!

Rae said...

Great job! It has been TOO hot lately!!

Phil said...

I'm always amazed that anyone can get off a bike and start running hard under any conditions, let alone what you faced. Great workout.

LeahC said...

i don't think i could ever run after drinking 1.5 bottles of wine! nice job!