Friday, July 28, 2006

My Daughter Tried to Kill Me

OK, maybe she didn’t try to KILL me but she did make us go to Toot’s for her birthday dinner. I ate hot wings, fried dill pickles, and onion straws. Grease, grease, and more grease. I wasn’t going to do anything this morning but after all that grease I decided I need to sweat some of it out. I got up at 5:40 this morning intending to run 3 or 4 easy miles. After one mile I felt like I was going to throw up and by 2 miles I had to potty BAD. I looped back around to my house and finished with 2.72 miles in 25:03, 9:13 pace. I ran all the way to the potty, didn’t count that part since Garmin doesn’t work inside. :)

Tomorrow is the big race. I am picking Kim up at 5:00 in the morning. Her sister is thinking about coming with us to be our photographer. She just doesn’t know if she wants to get up that early!! I am hoping she drags herself out of bed, it helps so much to have someone cheering for you. And since Lana is not racing this weekend her parents won’t be there to cheer me on or take pictures.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I know how bad they are for you, but I love fried pickles.
Good luck in the race.

Dubs said...

Fried pickles are the best!

Have a good race!!

Oh - and I liked the pictures of her growing up - she sure is cute!