Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July

I got up at 5:00 this morning to meet Lana at her house for a 5:30 ride. It was a great ride with some dogs but I think they must be getting use to us. We saw the arrows painted on the road for the Star tri that is this Saturday. I really need to get signed up for that.
We ended up riding 31.37 miles in 1:53:23. I had an average speed of 16.6. Still lots of room for improvement. I was really feeling the effects of taking two days off and having too much fun in Memphis over the weekend.
Lana had a great crash at the end of the ride. She looks over her shoulder at me and says “I am going to the end of my street and back to get 31”. I said “I already have 31” She started messing with her computer and hit the curb and tipped right over into her neighbor’s yard. That ended her ride at 30.9!!
We are having a 4th of July pool party today. I am hoping the rain holds off. Guess I better get back to house cleaning in case we have to move the whole thing inside.
Have a GREAT 4th!!!!!

3 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

That was crazy to begin for me to "go to the end of my street to get 31". I guess that crash is what I get for being ridiculously anal.

Joe said...

Happy 4th to you too. Too bad I live in Canada today.

JamieW said...

Happy Fourth! We are expecting many guests as well and hoping for the weather to clear.