Monday, July 10, 2006

Still Dark

The days are getting shorter therefore; it is not getting light as early as it was. I headed out for a ride at 5:00 this morning and it was still fairly dark.
I rode alone again and only put in a marginal effort. 20.2 miles in 1:18:25.
The good news is that I only had one dog encounter and it wasn’t until about 15 miles. It was the same dogs I always see so it was not a big deal and they didn’t put much effort into their chase. Guess they were feeling lazy too.

5 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

I have been noticing the dark thing too...sad!

Anonymous said...

Good job getting up and getting out!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Way to get out and ride! I am so disappointed that I didn't bring my bike to the beach - there is a bike lane that goes on and on and on. I saw people out riding while I was running this morning, and I was so jealous. But then again, not having the bike with me forced me to get in a much needed long run. Hope things are good in Manchester...but have to say I don't miss it!

SRR said...

It must be the dog-days of summer then!

JamieW said...

Nice ride. It is so sad seeing the sun come up later and disappear earlier. And they are starting to put out school supplies in the store!