Saturday, July 22, 2006

R A I N Spells Relief

Last night we got some rain and with it cooler temps. I got up at 6:30 to run before Ronnie had to leave for his golf tournament. It was sunny and about 72 when I started but clouded up before I finished. I ran 6 miles in 53:34, 8:56 pace. Here is what I kept running through my mind as I ran.
“Hey fasto, pick up the pace. It’s quality not quantity. These 10 minute miles are just not getting it. It is not hot out, you have no pains, why are you such a slacker? Pick up the pace!!”
It worked well for the first three miles and I kept an 8:40 pace but the second three I just told myself to go to hell and was a slacker.

5 comments:

SRR said...

Well then..I guess I'm a like a super slacker. NO...no...jumbo slacker.

Rae said...

The cooler temps yesterday were awesome!!!! I even had chill bumps last night on the patio we ate at.

E-Speed said...

Nothing wrong with sub 9s girl! Good job!

Brooke said...

Don't worry, I'm much more of a slacker than you are. Ten minute miles are my goal right now!!

Dubs said...

Looks like you succeeded - you averaged well under 10. I usually do the "if you would hurry up, you could stop sooner and get to your water/gatorade" speech.