Friday, July 14, 2006

Good Intentions

Wednesday evening the kids wanted McDonald’s. So while we were in town, we drove past Westwood track to see if it was open. There were two guys out walking on it, must be open again. Thursday morning I slept in. The kids didn’t get up until 8:15. It was like heaven to just lie in bed that long. We got up, dressed and headed over to Westwood. When we got there we discovered that the track is in fact not open and there were workers there working on it. So my speed training was canceled. I got a rest day, not that I needed one.
This morning I got up at 5:15 and ran 4 miles in 36:41, 9:10 pace. What has happened to that girl that was running sub 9 minute miles a month ago???
I don’t know if I will be able to squeeze anything in tomorrow or not but if I do it will be minimal. Then Lana and I head for Chattanooga sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening for our first Olympic distance tri on Sunday.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Good luck Sunday! I'm doing another sprint... no Oly until September. :)

SRR said...

GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK!!!

Joe said...

Too bad about the track closure. As you may have read on my blog recently, I couldn't make it to the track the other night so I did my speedwork at the local "tot lot". It was a nice change of pace from the track. Now I'm thinking I need to measure out 200 and 400 meter sections on the trails at my local park. Track, schmack!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»