Monday, July 24, 2006

You Call That Speed?!?!?!

This morning I got up at 4:50 for speed work. I ran at Westwood. The track is still officially closed but the fence has a break in it where they are constructing a building (looks like bathrooms). So I was able to slip in. I did a half mile warm up, 6 x 800 and a half mile cool down. Break down looks like this
Warm up 4:39
6 x 800 3:48, 3:54, 3:48, 3:46, 3:44, 3:40
Cool down 4:28
I am not thrilled with my times and it shows that I need to be doing more speed work. No more “the track is closed” excuses!!

On a non running note.
Bryce lost a tooth this morning while eating a donut. Top front, 3rd tooth lost. Tooth fairy comes tonight. He still has 2 more teeth that are loose. He is going to have some great looking school pictures this year!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Yay for your son!! My oldest daughter has so many missing teeth, I don't know how the kid eats anymore.

Trisaratops said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Hope the tooth fairy doesn't forget...I know of one that has...not a pretty sight.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Bryce is so cute!!

Oh - and good job sneaking into the track!