Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hills, Swim and Classes - What a busy day

I got up at 5:15 and went to the Rec Center. I wanted to run a hillier course today to get me ready for Waterfront this weekend. I ran up jail hill and over to Oakdale to run Thrill Hill then down and around to Spring Street and up those hills and finally up 41 to Old Stone Fort for that hill. It was a total of 6 miles in 57:11 for an average pace 9:31. Not my best effort but it was hilly. When I got back to the Rec Center I went in and changed to swim. I swim 1750 yards in 35:58. That was my first non race swim in a few weeks and the first time I swam a mile in even longer.
The kids and I spent the day playing in the pool with some friends and neighbors. Casey has learned how to do a front flip off the diving board. She didn’t believe me that I could do one so I had to prove it to her. It has been years since I tried a flip and it was ugly. My back flips were much better so she had to try that too. She did it.
After getting cleaned up, we went to the Rec Center for the 6:00 pm toning class and the 7:00 yoga. I enjoyed both and hope that I am not too sore tomorrow for my ride.

6 comments:

SRR said...

Look at you doing flips off the board! :-) Having fun?

Anonymous said...

You make me tired just reading all that you did today.

MNFirefly said...

OMG...you were VERY busy. I am very tired just reading the blog.

Great job!

teacherwoman said...

Seems like you kept yourself busy today...physically! Wow!

Brooke said...

flips?? I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»