Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sleep and Great Ride Reduce Funk

I slept GREAT last night I don’t think I even moved. At 4:33 I woke up, this was earlier then the 4:45 I had my alarm set for but not enough time to try to go back to sleep so I just got up. I got dressed and headed to the Rec Center to meet Kim and Lana.
We had an awesome ride. We did the same Normandy Loop. I did not get a new top speed today. My max speed down the hill was 41.9 and then 8.8 was the minimum coming back up the other side. We rode a total of 20.02 miles in 1:09:29, average speed 17.3. Improvement!!! Maybe because Lana wasn’t holding back as much as usual. Sure she slowed at times to let us catch up but she stayed way ahead of us pretty much the whole time and that made me try to ride faster.
When I got home at 6:45 both kids were still asleep so I jumped into bed and fell back asleep until 8:10 when rooster boy came in yelling “cook-a-doodle-do”.
This Saturday is Cedars, my A race of the season. Last year, it was my first ever Ti. I am excited and nervous to be going back! I am looking for a big improvement over the 1:38:03 from last year.



Today is my “baby” girl’s 6th birthday. I don’t know what all she has planned for us today except that she wants Toot’s for dinner tonight. Happy Birthday Princess!!!
Here is a look back to your past birthdays:
Arrival July 27, 2000 2:45pm
With Daddy

1st Birthday

2nd Birthday

3rd Birthday

4th Birthday

5th Birthday

We are having the party Saturday afternoon. I have Cedars that morning then at least 10 kids over to swim that afternoon. I am insane.

5 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Great ride! Good luck this weekend!

Happy birthday to your little girl! What a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Saturday will be a big day.... good luck with the tri and I hope your daughter has a great party!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Happy Birthday Casey!!!

Those pics are so cute!

Brooke said...

She will love it. Cute pictures. My "baby" turns 6 in Sept. My how they grow.

Bridgette said...

4:45 - are you kidding me!? I drag my behind out of 6 & consider myself lucky! You are hardcore!

Good luck tomorrow!